- Annie lapsed into a moody silence, staring into the corner.Part 2 — Misery (4% in)
- Around three he had lapsed into a bout of useless screaming.Part 1 — Annie (37% in)
- At first he thought he had lapsed into delirium.Part 1 — Annie (41% in)
- Paul had not answered this letter, but that had not deterred Mrs Roman D. ('Virginia') Sandpiper, who had sent five more (the first four with additional Polaroids) before finally lapsing into puzzled, slightly hurt silence.Part 3 — Paul (24% in)
- Continuity lapses had begun to proliferate with the stealth of rats breeding in cellar corners: for a space of thirty pages, the Baron had become the Viscount from Misery's Quest.Part 3 — Paul (28% in)
- He knew one thing with some certainty , a lot more was wrong with him than paralysis of the tongue, just as a lot more was wrong with what he had been writing than the missing key or the fever or continuity lapses or even a loss of guts.Part 3 — Paul (31% in)
There are no more uses of "lapse" in Misery.
Typical Usage (best examples)