used in Misery
(click/touch triangles for details)
to take back; or to move back or in
in various senses, including:
- to take back something previously said — such as a promise or opinion
- to move back or in — such as an airplane's landing gear, or pulling your hand back after being burned
- in surgery, the use of a medical instrument to draw skin or an organ back out of the way
- It had fallen in some way that was keeping the lock's tongue from retracting completely.
Part 1 — Annie (95% in)
- In his mind he could see the rocker beginning to move in its dusty little alcove; he could see the lock's tongue begin to retract.
Part 1 — Annie (83% in)
There are no more uses of "retract" in Misery.