(click/touch triangles for details)
- She had abundant self-confidence and treated Dr. Tyrell, vastly amused, with the easy familiarity with which she might have used an intoxicated admirer.81-82 — Chapters 81-82 (63% in)
- They seemed hardly young to Philip, but perhaps they were not more than twenty-five: the elder, Thekla, was as short as her mother, with the same, rather shifty air, but with a pretty face and abundant dark hair; Anna, her younger sister, was tall and plain, but since she had a pleasant smile Philip immediately preferred her.21-22 — Chapters 21-22 (80% in)
- But the rest of the day she spent quite happily on her sofa, reading one novel after another or chatting with the landlady; she had an inexhaustible interest in gossip, and told Philip with abundant detail the history of the landlady, of the lodgers on the drawing-room floor, and of the people who lived in the next house on either side.71-72 — Chapters 71-72 (60% in)
- When he went off at half past nine he had supper given him, and this was the only consolation; for tea at five o'clock had left him with a healthy appetite, and the bread and cheese, the abundant cocoa which the firm provided, were welcome.105-106 — Chapters 105-106 (30% in)
- Mr. Sampson was very proud of his friendship with the popular favourites whose frocks he made, and when he went out to dinner at two o'clock on Sunday with Miss Victoria Virgo, "she was wearing that powder blue we made her and I lay she didn't let on it come from us, I "ad to tell her meself that if I "adn't designed it with my own "ands I'd have said it must come from Paquin', at her beautiful house in Tulse Hill, he regaled the department next day with abundant details.107-108 — Chapters 107-108 (9% in)
There are no more uses of "abundant" in Of Human Bondage.
Typical Usage (best examples)