- He walked away with a tumult of thoughts in his head.121-122 — Chapters 121-122 (19% in)
- It was manifold and various; there were tears and laughter, happiness and woe; it was tedious and interesting and indifferent; it was as you saw it: it was tumultuous and passionate; it was grave; it was sad and comic; it was trivial; it was simple and complex; joy was there and despair; the love of mothers for their children, and of men for women; lust trailed itself through the rooms with leaden feet, punishing the guilty and the innocent, helpless wives and wretched children; drink...81-82 — Chapters 81-82 (69% in)
- It has not the mellifluousness of Italian, Italian is the language of tenors and organ-grinders, but it has grandeur: it does not ripple like a brook in a garden, but it surges tumultuous like a mighty river in flood.'85-86 — Chapters 85-86 (91% in)
- As soon as they heard his ring at the door one of them popped a head out of window to make sure it was he, and then they all rushed downstairs tumultuously to let him in.89-90 — Chapters 89-90 (33% in)
- It was distorted with passion, and in her tumultuous speech the spittle dribbled over her lips.95-96 — Chapters 95-96 (97% in)
There are no more uses of "tumult" in Of Human Bondage.
Typical Usage (best examples)