(click/touch triangles for details)
- When Mrs. Carey passed the dissenting ministers in the street she stepped over to the other side to avoid meeting them, but if there was not time for this fixed her eyes on the pavement.5-6 — Chapters 5-6 (44% in)
- Shopping in Blackstable was not a simple matter; for dissent, helped by the fact that the parish church was two miles from the town, was very common; and it was necessary to deal only with churchgoers; Mrs. Carey knew perfectly that the vicarage custom might make all the difference to a tradesman's faith.5-6 — Chapters 5-6 (46% in)
- You speak with the lips of a dissenting minister.45-46 — Chapters 45-46 (29% in)
- Holden was the dissenting minister, and, though for Christ's sake who died for both of them, Mr. Carey nodded to him in the street, he did not speak to him.51-52 — Chapters 51-52 (60% in)
- He wore a hat like a dissenting minister's.83-84 — Chapters 83-84 (77% in)
There are no more uses of "dissent" in Of Human Bondage.
Typical Usage (best examples)