used in Not Without My Daughter
only 1 use
(click/touch triangles for details)
to offer something
in various senses, including:
- to hold something out for someone to take
- to offer a suggestion for acceptance or rejection
- to offer a good or service for sale
- to offer a gift
- to offer peace or friendship
- Ameh Bozorg's daughters Zohreh and Fereshteh bustled about, proffering trays full of cigarettes to the more important guests and serving tea to everyone.
There are no more uses of "proffer" in Not Without My Daughter.