used in Not Without My Daughter
(click/touch triangles for details)
enhance growth or development
in various senses, including:
- to grow crops or prepare land for them
- enhance a relationship — especially for a purpose
- develop discernment (better recognition of differences) in taste or judgment
- to grow a culture in a petri dish
- There was genuine empathy in her eyes and in her demeanor, but there was also the cultivated wariness of the Iranian woman.
- Moody cultivated a friendship with the owner of each of these shops.
There are no more uses of "cultivate" in Not Without My Daughter.