All 3 Uses of
- What is more, any anger I felt at that moment was directed, not against the Kapo, but against my father.
Chpt 4 *directed = aimed
- We were directed toward a gate which divided the camp into two.
Chpt 6directed = aimed or focused
- Then we were directed to the assembly place.
Chpt 8directed = indicated direction; or caused movement or focus in a direction or towards an object
(direct as in: directed her question to) to indicate direction; or to cause movement or focus in a direction or towards an objectThe exact meaning of this sense of direct is subject to its context. For example:
- "intentionally directed fire at unarmed civilians" -- aimed a gun
- "directed the question to her" -- aimed a question
- "directed her north" -- pointed in a particular direction
- "directed attention to the 3rd paragraph" -- focused attention on a particular object
- "The sound of her voice directed him to the kitchen." -- guided or gave directions to someone to help them move to a particular place
- "She directed him to the airport." -- gave directions to send someone to a particular place
- "She directed the boat north." -- steered it
- "directed the letter to" -- send a letter to a particular person by putting a name and address on it