- The next morning when Mrs. Harling and Frances tried to reason with Antonia, they found her agitated but determined.Book 2 — The Hired Girls (58% in)
- He rumpled his hair with a quick, excited gesture, which with him often announces a new determination, and I could see that my suggestion took hold of him.Introduction (73% in)
- We could not determine whether they were animal or vegetable.Book 1 — The Shimerdas (56% in)
- Determined to help in the struggle to clear the homestead from debt, they had no alternative but to go into service.Book 2 — The Hired Girls (51% in)
- He insisted that Mrs. Cutter had purposely remained childless, with the determination to outlive him and to share his property with her 'people,' whom he detested.Book 2 — The Hired Girls (63% in)
- For Antonia and for me, this had been the road of Destiny; had taken us to those early accidents of fortune which predetermined for us all that we can ever be.Book 5 — Cuzak's Boys (**% in)
There are no more uses of "determine" in My Antonia.
Typical Usage (best examples)