All 5 Uses of
- He placed this book in my grandmother's hands, looked at her entreatingly, and said, with an earnestness which I shall never forget, "Te-e-ach, te-e-ach my Antonia!"
Book 1 *entreatingly = in a pleading manner
- When Antonia and her father got into the wagon, I entreated grandmother to let me go with them: I would gladly go without my supper, I would sleep in the Shimerdas' barn and run home in the morning.†
- Grandmother entreated them to try Antonia.†
- 'Easy, boys, easy!' he entreated them.†
- I entreated her not to let grandfather, even, come into my room.†
(entreat) to ask -- especially while trying hard to overcome resistance