- There is a most elegant tribute to his memory in the Preface to the Heroica of Philostratus.Footnotes (75% in)
- Greece honours not with solemn fasts the dead: Enough, when death demands the brave, to pay The tribute of a melancholy day.Book 19 (51% in)
- See! my choked streams no more their course can keep, Nor roll their wonted tribute to the deep.Book 21 (34% in)
- Thus spoke to Priam the celestial guide, And joyful thus the royal sire replied: "Blest is the man who pays the gods above The constant tribute of respect and love!Book 24 (53% in)
- 204 "Agamemnon, when he offers to transfer to Achilles seven towns inhabited by wealthy husbandmen, who would enrich their lord by presents and tribute, seems likewise to assume rather a property in them, than an authority over them.Footnotes (64% in)
There are no more uses of "tribute" in The Iliad by Homer - (translated by: Pope).
Typical Usage (best examples)