The Iliad by Homer (translated by: Lang, Leaf, & Myers)
(click/touch triangles for details)
The exact meaning of variance
is subject to its context. For example:
- "There is a huge variance in how people respond to the medication." — difference
- "50% of the variance is explained by genetics." — amount of difference
- "Her speech was at variance with her actions." — different than
- "Her speech was at variance from others." — different from
- "Their main points of variance..." — difference
- "There is little variance in quality." — difference between similar things
- Who among the gods set the twain at strife and variance?
Book 1 (2% in)
- Then Zeus the cloud-gatherer, sore troubled, spake to her: "Verily it is a sorry matter, if thou wilt set me at variance with Hera, whene'er she provoketh me with taunting words.
Book 1 (85% in)
- With thee are we all at variance, because thou didst beget that reckless maiden and baleful, whose thought is ever of iniquitous deeds.
Book 5 (95% in)
There are no more uses of "variance" in The Iliad by Homer (translated by: Lang, Leaf, & Myers).