(click/touch triangles for details)
- She watched her husband with unceasing vigilance; but he was well practised in means to evade it.6 — The Jealous Mistress (7% in)
- But though I did not confide in my grandmother, and even evaded her vigilant watchfulness and inquiry, her presence in the neighborhood was some protection to me.5 — The Trials Of Girlhood (70% in)
- During this time, my friends had laid many plans for my escape, but the extreme vigilance of my persecutors made it impossible to carry them into effect.20 — New Perils (23% in)
- She, good thoughtful child, never forgot my hazardous situation, but always kept a vigilant lookout for my safety.36 — The Hairbreadth Escape (13% in)
- This state of things, of course, gave rise to many impromptu vigilance committees.40 — The Fugitive Slave Law (35% in)
There are no more uses of "vigilant" in Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl.
Typical Usage (best examples)