(click/touch triangles for details)
- There were many conjectures as to the cause of this terrible punishment.2 — The New Master And Mistress (84% in)
- I had no means of conjecturing who I was to meet, or where I was going.18 — Months Of Peril (29% in)
- I instantly conjectured it was one of the housemaids; and I concluded she must either have heard some noise in the room, or have noticed the entrance of Betty.20 — New Perils (26% in)
- I now recollected that I had seen him manifest uneasiness, when people were on that side of the house, and I had at the time been puzzled to conjecture a motive for his actions.29 — Preparations For Escape (88% in)
- It was conjectured that he advanced the money, but it was not known.34 — The Old Enemy Again (65% in)
There are no more uses of "conjecture" in Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl.
Typical Usage (best examples)