- So I decided: We're going to have a buffet, invite some friends over-the Murrays, and Cliff and Dodie Hope.3 — Answer (59% in)
- Quite the contrary, for their pleasures were not his; he had no use for card games, golf, cocktails, or buffet suppers served at ten-or, indeed, for any pastime that he felt did not "accomplish something."1 — Last To See Them Alive (45% in)
- Approximately four hundred miles east of where Arthur Clutter then stood, two young men were sharing a booth in the Eagle Buffet, a Kansas City diner.2 — Persons Unknown (15% in)
- But explanations were in order-apologies, too-and over a bowl of chili at the Kansas City hash house that Dick liked best, the Eagle Buffet, Dick supplied them.3 — Answer (41% in)
- Six or seven, starting right here," he said, meaning the Eagle Buffet, where everybody-the bartender and waiters-knew and liked him, and called him Pickles (in honor of his favorite food).3 — Answer (41% in)
- For a buffet.3 — Answer (59% in)
There are no more uses of "buffet" in In Cold Blood.
Typical Usage (best examples)