used in Beloved
only 1 use
(click/touch triangles for details)
most important; or person who is most important
The exact meaning of principal
can depend upon its context. For example:
- "the principal idea" or "the principal performer" — the most important
- "the principal of the school" — the person in charge
- "a principal of a company" — an owner or person with controlling authority
- "the principal in a transaction" (as contrasted to the agent) — the person on whose behalf an agent acts
- Sky provided the only drama, and counting on a Cincinnati horizon for life's principal joy was reckless indeed.
One (1% in)
There are no more uses of "principal" in Beloved.