used in Beloved
only 1 use
(click/touch triangles for details)
to cut or reduce
The exact meaning of pare
can depend upon its context. For example:
- "Pare the budget." — cut it to make it smaller
- "Pare the fat from the meat," or "Pare the apple." — cut away an outer layer or peel
- "Use a paring knife." — a small general purpose chef's knife often used for peeling
- "Pare the edge, so it will fit." — cut small bits or shavings from
- Sethe touched the fruit and picked up the paring knife.
Two (32% in)
There are no more uses of "pare" in Beloved.