- "Very well," said Charlotte, with a choky abruptness that was new to him, though familiar to Lucy.Chapter 18 (76% in)
- In Mr. Eager's mouth it resembled nothing so much as an acid whistling fountain which played ever higher and higher, and quicker and quicker, and more and more shrilly, till abruptly it was turned off with a click.Chapter 6 (46% in)
- She was got up smart, as she phrased it, and she reminded him of some brilliant flower that has no leaves of its own, but blooms abruptly out of a world of green.Chapter 9 (90% in)
- These abrupt changes of vegetation—this little spongeous tract of water plants, and on either side of it all the growths are tough or brittle—heather, bracken, hurts, pines.Chapter 12 (59% in)
- A carriage was drawn up outside Windy Corner, and just as he caught sight of the house it started, bowled up the drive, and stopped abruptly when it reached the main road.Chapter 18 (11% in)
There are no more uses of "abrupt" in A Room With A View.
Typical Usage (best examples)