(click/touch triangles for details)
- Now, this was abominably impertinent, and she ought to have been furious.Chapter 2 (59% in)
- Needless to say, I refused such an unsuitable invitation, and she had the impertinence to tell me that it would broaden my ideas, and said that she had four brothers, all University men, except one who was in the army, who always made a point of talking to commercial travellers.Chapter 3 (76% in)
- This was impertinent; he did not wish their cause to be championed by a young girl: he would rather it should fail.Chapter 3 (88% in)
- The situation was so glorious, the house so commonplace, not to say impertinent.Chapter 18 (2% in)
- So impertinent—and yet the house "did," for it was the home of people who loved their surroundings honestly.Chapter 18 (3% in)
There are no more uses of "impertinent" in A Room With A View.
Typical Usage (best examples)