used in Hatchet
only 1 use
(click/touch triangles for details)
not active or growing, but capable of doing so in the future
in various senses, including:
- a volcano that is not erupting and not extinct
- a plant not growing in the winter
- a disease that is not currently causing harm or growing worse, but which is not cured and might grow worse in the future
- a person's talents or feelings that are yet to be realized
- The hunger, always there, had been somewhat controlled and dormant when there was nothing to eat but with the eggs came the scream to eat.
Chapter 10 (68% in)
dormant = quiet (inactive)
There are no more uses of "dormant" in Hatchet.