- The hosier, in spite of the signs made to him by Guillaume Rym, appeared determined to hold his own against the king.2.10.5 — Vol 2 Bk 10 Chpt 5 — The Retreat in which.... (83% in)
- He had made up his mind about the tumult, and was determined to proceed to the end, not giving up the hope of a return of attention on the part of the public.1.1.6 — Vol 1 Bk 1 Chpt 6 — Esmeralda (7% in)
- This it would be hard to determine.1.4.3 — Vol 1 Bk 4 Chpt 3 — Immanis Pecoris Custos, Immanior Ipse (25% in)
- He made her a sad sign with his head; then he planted his back against one of the stone posts of the Gondelaurier porch, determined to wait until the captain should come forth.2.9.4 — Vol 2 Bk 9 Chpt 4 — Earthenware and Crystal (46% in)
- The man who was reading continued:— "For feeding a rascally footpad, locked up these six months in the little cell of the flayer, until it should be determined what to do with him, six livres, four sols."2.10.5 — Vol 2 Bk 10 Chpt 5 — The Retreat in which.... (23% in)
- When he recovered his senses, he threw himself on the bed and rolling about, he kissed frantically the place where the young girl had slept and which was still warm; he remained there for several moments as motionless as though he were about to expire; then he rose, dripping with perspiration, panting, mad, and began to beat his head against the wall with the frightful regularity of the clapper of his bells, and the resolution of a man determined to kill himself.2.11.2 — Vol 2 Bk 11 Chpt 2 — The Beautiful Creature.... (20% in)
There are no more uses of "determine" in The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
Typical Usage (best examples)