- His hotel was in the opposite direction, and if he accompanied her his letters would be late for the post.Chapter 20 (83% in)
- At times the Great North Road accompanied her, more suggestive of infinity than any railway, awakening, after a nap of a hundred years, to such life as is conferred by the stench of motor-cars, and to such culture as is implied by the advertisements of antibilious pills.Chapter 3 (17% in)
- Does she belong to those who have moulded her and made her feared by other lands, or to those who have added nothing to her power, but have somehow seen her, seen the whole island at once, lying as a jewel in a silver sea, sailing as a ship of souls, with all the brave world's fleet accompanying her towards eternity?Chapter 19 (**% in)
- She must remain herself, for his sake as well as her own, since a shadowy wife degrades the husband whom she accompanies; and she must assimilate for reasons of common honesty, since she had no right to marry a man and make him uncomfortable.Chapter 26 (30% in)
- Tibby promised to accompany her, but at the last moment begged to be excused.Chapter 32 (98% in)
There are no more uses of "accompany" in Howards End.
Typical Usage (best examples)