used in Gone with the Wind
(click/touch triangles for details)
most extreme as in final, best, worst, most important, or most fundamental
The exact meaning of ultimate
depends upon its context. For example:
- "the ultimate decision-maker" — the final
- "the ultimate car" — the best
- "the ultimate insult" — the worst
- "the ultimate source" — original or most fundamental
- "the ultimate sacrifice" — most extreme
- Her need of money was too pressing, too desperate, for her to bother about his ultimate fate.
4.33 (90% in)
- Confidence in ultimate victory never wavered.
2.16 (12% in)
There are no more uses of "ultimate" in Gone with the Wind.