(click/touch triangles for details)
- From planters' homes and swamp cabins, a varied array of firearms came to each muster.1.1 (91% in)
- His audience heard him with varying emotions, for all who sat there rocking quietly in the fading twilight, watching the first fireflies of the season moving magically through the dusk, had weighty matters on their minds.3.17 (5% in)
- They had fried eggs for breakfast and fried ham for supper to vary the monotony of the yams, peanuts and dried apples, and on one festal occasion they even had roast chicken.3.26 (82% in)
- It was always the same dream, the details never varied, but the terror of it mounted each time it came to her and the fear of experiencing it again troubled even her waking hours.3.28 (19% in)
- It was she who cast the deciding vote at the Shakespeare Reading Circle that the bard's works should be varied with those of Mr. Dickens and Mr. Bulwer-Lytton and not the poems of Lord Byron, as had been suggested by a young and, Melanie privately feared, very fast bachelor member of the Circle.4.41 (68% in)
There are no more uses of "vary" in Gone with the Wind.
Typical Usage (best examples)