(click/touch triangles for details)
- For a fleeting instant she saw Melanie's incredulous face, the look on the chaperons' faces, the petulant girls, the enthusiastic approval of the soldiers.2.9 (92% in)
- Scarlett caught a fleeting glimpse and saw that it was a broad gold ring.2.10 (19% in)
- For a fleeting immeasurable instant, he pressed her body close to his.2.15 (96% in)
- She caught a fleeting glimpse of a head of red curls and saw that creature, Belle Watling, heard her shrill drunken laughter as she clung for support to a one-armed soldier who reeled and staggered.3.21 (84% in)
- Now that she could catch fleeting glimpses of the sun, her spirits soared.4.34 (1% in)
There are no more uses of "fleeting" in Gone with the Wind.
Typical Usage (best examples)