- What you think of her in your own petty minds, I do not care, for that is your business.5.49 (16% in)
- "And I," thought Scarlett, too stricken now for anything so petty as jealousy, "I've got nothing—nothing—nothing except the look on his face when he told me good-by."2.16 (69% in)
- Suddenly she hated him, hated him with a strength that momentarily overpowered her fear, made it seem petty and small.3.23 (63% in)
- She saw in a flash of clarity untouched by any petty emotion that beneath the gentle voice and the dovelike eyes of Melanie there was a thin flashing blade of unbreakable steel, felt too that there were banners and bugles of courage in Melanie's quiet blood.3.26 (27% in)
- Oh, that was too hard a penance, she thought in anguish, to have to live out her life remembering Melanie's face, knowing that Melanie knew all the pettiness, the meanness, the two-faced disloyalty and the hypocrisy that were in her.5.55 (11% in)
There are no more uses of "petty" in Gone with the Wind.
Typical Usage (best examples)