- His indignation was mounting, now that the initial hurt was subsiding.4.38 (53% in)
- As she stood, hesitant, wondering where she could hide until the ache in her breast subsided a little, a thought came to her, bringing a small ray of hope.1.2 (11% in)
- He was willing to wait until her fears subsided, only—only— He sighed as he twisted about seeking a comfortable position, for he was going away to the war so very soon.1.7 (28% in)
- Prissy produced the sugar-tit, given her that morning by Mammy, and the baby's wails subsided.2.8 (22% in)
- Now, her nevertoo-scrupulous sense of honor was dulled by repetition of the offense and even fear of discovery had subsided.2.11 (12% in)
- At Wesley Chapel, she paused to catch her breath and wait for her hammering heart to subside.3.21 (47% in)
There are no more uses of "subside" in Gone with the Wind.
Typical Usage (best examples)