(click/touch triangles for details)
- Were there other ex-convicts at large, like Archie, murderers, desperadoes, thieves, pardoned for their crimes, in the name of the Confederacy?4.42 (64% in)
- She didn't like the looks of this elderly desperado but his presence would simplify matters.4.42 (28% in)
- It was an embarrassing situation, having the old desperado sitting in judgment upon her, and it was still more embarrassing to know that her family and friends agreed with the old man.4.42 (89% in)
- Then to make our exit more conspicuous, she called the two desperadoes who keep order at her place and had us dragged downstairs, fighting, and through the barroom and thrown out into the street as brawling drunks who were disturbing the place.4.45 (96% in)
- Melly, I wouldn't have that old desperado in my house," said Scarlett crossly.5.53 (9% in)
There are no more uses of "desperado" in Gone with the Wind.
Typical Usage (best examples)