(click/touch triangles for details)
- They had the vigor and alertness of country people who have spent all their lives in the open and troubled their heads very little with dull things in books.1.1 (8% in)
- This was a section that knew the chill of winter, as well as the heat of summer, and there was a vigor and energy in the people that was strange to her.1.3 (75% in)
- Scarlett was surprised, too, at the vigor of Melanie's attack, for she knew Melanie considered her husband beyond wifely reproaches and thought his decisions second only to God's.4.41 (28% in)
- The healthy vigor which had carried her through the hard days at Tara stood her in good stead now, and within two weeks of Ella Lorena's birth she was strong enough to sit up and chafe at her inactivity.4.42 (6% in)
- "Sentimental nonsense!" snorted Mrs. Merriwether with vigor.5.49 (7% in)
There are no more uses of "vigor" in Gone with the Wind.
Typical Usage (best examples)