(click/touch triangles for details)
- Scarlett and her father each assured the other solemnly that to bring such matters to the ears of Ellen would only hurt her, and nothing would induce them to wound her gentleness.1.2 (53% in)
- And when Scarlett discovered him jumping fences after his solemn promise to his wife, or learned the exact amount of his losses at poker, as she always did from County gossip, she refrained from mentioning the fact at the supper table in the artfully artless manner Suellen had.1.2 (52% in)
- There were dozens of war weddings in the County and there was little time for the sorrow of parting, for everyone was too busy and excited for either solemn thoughts or tears.1.7 (11% in)
- Behind her and her husband were the four Tarleton girls, their red locks indecorous notes in the solemn occasion, their russet eyes still looking like the eyes of vital young animals, spirited and dangerous.4.40 (29% in)
- He rose and went abruptly to the window and stood with his back to her, watching the solemn single file of ducks parade across the barnyard.4.41 (9% in)
There are no more uses of "solemn" in Gone with the Wind.
Typical Usage (best examples)