(click/touch triangles for details)
- Scarlett turned away from Mammy with studied nonchalance, thankful that her face had been unnoticed in Mammy's preoccupation with the matter of the shawl.1.2 (9% in)
- Never at any time, even in most intimate moments, had he been other than nonchalant.5.54 (18% in)
- At first it had annoyed her and she had tried to break down that nonchalance but soon she had come to accept it as a very convenient thing.5.54 (18% in)
- How could he be so nonchalant with the memory of such a night as they had spent?5.54 (79% in)
- She looked at his face as he came up the steps, that dark nonchalant face, so impervious, so blank.5.56 (44% in)
There are no more uses of "nonchalant" in Gone with the Wind.
Typical Usage (best examples)