- "I think you are vile and mercenary," said Scarlett, but her remark was automatic.2.13 (36% in)
- I think you're a mercenary rascal—just like the Yankees.2.9 (83% in)
- Mercenary?2.13 (38% in)
- Though perhaps that is merely a synonym for mercenary.2.13 (38% in)
- Any loyal Confederate who had a thousand dollars in cash in 1861 could have done what I did, but how few were mercenary enough to take advantage of their opportunities!2.13 (39% in)
- I'm going to be a rich man when this war is over, Scarlett, because I was farsighted—pardon me, mercenary.2.13 (41% in)
There are no more uses of "mercenary" in Gone with the Wind.
Typical Usage (best examples)