(click/touch triangles for details)
- But they were loath to face their mother and they lingered on the porch of Tara, momentarily expecting Scarlett to give them an invitation to supper.1.1 (31% in)
- Everyone had his own idea on that subject and was loath to relinquish it, just as everyone had ideas about the color and cut of the uniforms.1.1 (80% in)
- Scarlett was loath to put down the wallet.3.26 (35% in)
- From the moment his daughter was born, Rhett's conduct was puzzling to all observers and he upset many settled notions about himself, notions which both the town and Scarlett were loath to surrender.5.50 (84% in)
- And now, my dear, I must write you of something that has come to our ears—something Eulalie and I were loath to believe at first.5.56 (30% in)
There are no more uses of "loath" in Gone with the Wind.
Typical Usage (best examples)