(click/touch triangles for details)
- Suddenly she thought of Rhett Butler and calm dispelled her fears.3.22 (83% in)
- She opened the three windows, bringing in the smell of oak leaves and earth, but the fresh air could do little toward dispelling the sickening odors which had accumulated for weeks in this close room.3.24 (73% in)
- But Mammy's first words dispelled this illusion.3.24 (80% in)
- Now that the deed was done, she realized this with a wave of homesickness hard to dispel.4.36 (10% in)
- Remembering these tragedies, a cold dread ran in the veins of those whose motto was "No surrender"—a dread which the very sight of Melanie's soft but unyielding face dispelled.4.41 (54% in)
There are no more uses of "dispel" in Gone with the Wind.
Typical Usage (best examples)