(click/touch triangles for details)
- Replacing the fences the Yankees had so blithely burned was a long hard task.4.31 (38% in)
- It just wasn't believable that he could talk so blithely of leaving her here on this dark road with a woman who might be dying, a new-born infant, a foolish black wench and a frightened child, leaving her to pilot them through miles of battle fields and stragglers and Yankees and fire and God knows what.3.23 (82% in)
- Everywhere building was going on, for as she looked down the street, trying to adjust her mind to the new Atlanta, she heard the blithe sound of hammers and saws, noticed scaffoldings rising and saw men climbing ladders with hods of bricks on their shoulders.4.33 (21% in)
- She wondered how he could jest so blithely with a rope about his neck and her pitiful circumstances before him.4.34 (99% in)
- He was so blithe about his murders her blood chilled.4.36 (37% in)
There are no more uses of "blithe" in Gone with the Wind.
Typical Usage (best examples)