(click/touch triangles for details)
- Until the previous summer, Stuart had courted India Wilkes with the approbation of both families and the entire County.1.1 (58% in)
- Gerald did not see his daughter in the shadow of the trees, and he drew rein in the road, patting his horse's neck with approbation.1.2 (42% in)
- He took her expression to mean stunned approbation and went on rapidly, daringly— "If I went—would—would you be sorry, Miss O'Hara?1.6 (39% in)
- There was a glow of grim pride in her usually gentle face, approbation and a fierce joy in her smile that equaled the fiery tumult in Scarlett's own bosom.3.26 (26% in)
- That would probably upset Frank, for he was timid and fond of the approbation of his friends.4.36 (29% in)
There are no more uses of "approbation" in Gone with the Wind.
Typical Usage (best examples)