- These girls who had come to maturity since the surrender had only childish memories of the war and lacked the bitterness that animated their elders.4.41 (52% in)
- The laughter and talking became less animated and groups here and there fell silent.1.6 (34% in)
- The little town was gone and the face of the rapidly growing city was animated with never-ceasing energy and bustle.2.8 (33% in)
- He took her arm in a strong grasp and some of the vitality which animated him seemed to flow into her body.3.23 (38% in)
- And they were caring about life again, caring with the same urgency and the same violence that animated them before the war had cut their lives in two.4.38 (22% in)
- I was in a state of suspended animation and it was enough that I had something to eat and a bed to lie on.4.41 (19% in)
There are no more uses of "animate" in Gone with the Wind.
Typical Usage (best examples)