used in Flowers for Algernon -- Short Story
only 1 use
(click/touch triangles for details)
a basic rule or belief
The exact meaning of principle
can depend upon its context. For example:
- "our guiding principles" — basic moral beliefs that guide decisions and behavior
- "electromagnetic principles" — rules describing how the world works
- "She lacks principles." — lacks moral guidelines
- "We agree in principle." — about important basic beliefs
- She had been against the petition on principle and despite the pressure and threats she'd held out.
principle = basic rule or belief
There are no more uses of "principle" in Flowers for Algernon -- Short Story.