(click/touch triangles for details)
- We must ride without him, and our hope dwindles.5.3 — Book 5 Chapter 3 — The Muster of Rohan (38% in)
- And they fled before the wrath of Isildur, and did not dare to go forth to war on Sauron's part; and they hid themselves in secret places in the mountains and had no dealings with other men, but slowly dwindled in the barren hills.5.2 — Book 5 Chapter 2 — The Passing of the Grey Company (54% in)
- Dividing the upland into two there marched a double line of unshaped standing stones that dwindled into the dusk and vanished in the trees.5.3 — Book 5 Chapter 3 — The Muster of Rohan (29% in)
- The trough between the mountains and the Morgai had steadily dwindled as it climbed upwards, and the inner ridge was now no more than a shelf in the steep faces of the Ephel Duath; but to the east it fell as sheerly as ever down into Gorgoroth.6.2 — Book 6 Chapter 2 — The Land of Shadow (71% in)
- Soon the dwindling company, following the Isen, turned west and rode through the Gap into the waste lands beyond, and then they turned northwards, and passed over the borders of Dunland.6.6 — Book 6 Chapter 6 — Many Partings (59% in)
There are no more uses of "dwindle" in The Return of the King.
Typical Usage (best examples)