- In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.6.5 -- Book 6 Chapter 5 -- The Steward and the King (65% in)
- You shall abide here, and if you will, you shall serve the Lady Eowyn, who will govern the folk in my stead.5.3 -- Book 5 Chapter 3 -- The Muster of Rohan (77% in)
- Few will stand and abide even the rumour of his coming.5.4 -- Book 5 Chapter 4 -- The Siege of Gondor (50% in)
- These three were unscathed, for such was their fortune and the skill and might of their arms, and few indeed had dared to abide them or look on their faces in the hour of their wrath.5.6 -- Book 5 Chapter 6 -- The Battle of the Pelennor Fields (94% in)
- Only Angbor, Lord of Lamedon, had the heart to abide us; and Aragorn bade him gather his folk and come behind, if they dared, when the Grey Host had passed.5.9 -- Book 5 Chapter 9 -- The Last Debate (29% in)
- They seemed to be carved out of huge blocks of stone, immovable, and yet they were aware: some dreadful spirit of evil vigilance abode in them.6.1 -- Book 6 Chapter 1 -- The Tower of Cirith Ungol (30% in)
There are no more uses of "abide" in The Return of the King.
Typical Usage (best examples)