(click/touch triangles for details)
- Mists curled and smoked from dark and noisome pools.4.2 — Book 4 Chapter 2 — The Passage of the Marshes (32% in)
- There was a faint hiss, a noisome smell went up, the lights flickered and danced and swirled.4.2 — Book 4 Chapter 2 — The Passage of the Marshes (49% in)
- Often they floundered, stepping or falling hands-first into waters as noisome as a cesspool, till they were slimed and fouled almost up to their necks and stank in one another's nostrils.4.2 — Book 4 Chapter 2 — The Passage of the Marshes (56% in)
- Paler indeed than the moon ailing in some slow eclipse was the light of it now, wavering and blowing like a noisome exhalation of decay, a corpse-light, a light that illuminated nothing.4.8 — Book 4 Chapter 8 — The Stairs of Cirith Ungol (5% in)
- Then his eyes shone with a green-white light, reflecting the noisome Morgul-sheen perhaps, or kindled by some answering mood within.4.8 — Book 4 Chapter 8 — The Stairs of Cirith Ungol (14% in)
There are no more uses of "noisome" in The Two Towers.
Typical Usage (best examples)