- The river of this valley is under his power, and it will rise in anger when he has great need to bar the Ford.2.1 -- Book 2 Chapter 1 -- Many Meetings (30% in)
- There was not as yet any sign of a path, and the trees seemed constantly to bar their way.1.6 -- Book 1 Chapter 6 -- The Old Forest (19% in)
- 'I must go and bar the doors quick, but I'll see your friend is let in when he comes.1.10 -- Book 1 Chapter 10 -- Strider (55% in)
- We will all remain together and bar this window and the door.1.10 -- Book 1 Chapter 10 -- Strider (95% in)
- It is also as good a way of saying "here we are" as I can think of, bar shouting.1.11 -- Book 1 Chapter 11 -- A Knife in the Dark (73% in)
There are no more uses of "bar" in The Fellowship of the Ring.
Typical Usage (best examples)