(click/touch triangles for details)
- With that he picked up his lilies, and then with a beckoning wave of his hand went hopping and dancing along the path eastward, still singing loudly and nonsensically.1.6 — Book 1 Chapter 6 — The Old Forest (88% in)
- There on the hill-brow she stood beckoning to them: her hair was flying loose, and as it caught the sun it shone and shimmered.1.8 — Book 1 Chapter 8 — Fog on the Barrow-Downs (4% in)
- Soon Strider beckoned to them, and the hobbits left the bushes and hurried down to the Road.1.12 — Book 1 Chapter 12 — Flight to the Ford (70% in)
- Then, turning to Frodo, he beckoned to him.2.1 — Book 2 Chapter 1 — Many Meetings (64% in)
- She spoke no word, but beckoned to them.2.7 — Book 2 Chapter 7 — The Mirror of Galadriel (59% in)
There are no more uses of "beckon" in The Fellowship of the Ring.
Typical Usage (best examples)