(click/touch triangles for details)
- His knowledge is deep, but his pride has grown with it, and he takes ill any meddling.1.2 -- Book 1 Chapter 2 -- The Shadow of the Past (28% in)
- While there was still a king they were in name his subjects, but they were, in fact, ruled by their own chieftains and meddled not at all with events in the world outside.Prologue (26% in)
- But it is said: _Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.1.3 -- Book 1 Chapter 3 -- Three is Company (95% in)
- Don't you go a-meddling with old stone or cold Wights or prying in their houses, unless you be strong folk with hearts that never falter!'1.7 -- Book 1 Chapter 7 -- In the House of Tom Bombadil (98% in)
- It would do no good to you or to others, if you tried to meddle with it again.2.1 -- Book 2 Chapter 1 -- Many Meetings (71% in)
There are no more uses of "meddle" in The Fellowship of the Ring.
Typical Usage (best examples)