(click/touch triangles for details)
- But caution is one thing and wavering is another.1.10 — Book 1 Chapter 10 — Strider (28% in)
- He wavered, groping in his pocket, and then fought with himself again; and as he did so the arm crept nearer.1.8 — Book 1 Chapter 8 — Fog on the Barrow-Downs (50% in)
- Now withered lay the hemlock-sheaves, And one by one with sighing sound Whispering fell the beechen leaves In the wintry woodland wavering.1.11 — Book 1 Chapter 11 — A Knife in the Dark (82% in)
- In the wavering firelight Gandalf seemed suddenly to grow: he rose up, a great menacing shape like the monument of some ancient king of stone set upon a hill.2.4 — Book 2 Chapter 4 — A Journey in the Dark (18% in)
- Wisps of dark smoke wavered in the hot air.2.5 — Book 2 Chapter 5 — The Bridge of Khazad-dum (70% in)
There are no more uses of "waver" in The Fellowship of the Ring.
Typical Usage (best examples)