(click/touch triangles for details)
- Indeed, a remnant still dwelt there of the Dunedain, the kings of Men that came over the Sea out of Westernesse; but they were dwindling fast and the lands of their North Kingdom were falling far and wide into waste.Prologue (20% in)
- My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the North of the great people, the Men of the West.2.1 -- Book 2 Chapter 1 -- Many Meetings (12% in)
- Only a remnant of our eastern force came back, destroying the last bridge that still stood amid the ruins of Osgiliath.2.2 -- Book 2 Chapter 2 -- The Council of Elrond (21% in)
- The marauding orcs had been waylaid and almost all destroyed; the remnant had fled westward towards the mountains, and were being pursued.2.6 -- Book 2 Chapter 6 -- Lothlorien (86% in)
- Every now and again they made efforts to speak of other things, of their long road and many adventures; they questioned Aragorn concerning the realm of Gondor and its ancient history, and the remnants of its great works that could still be seen in this strange border-land of the Emyn Muil: the stone kings and the seats of Lhaw and Hen, and the great Stair beside the falls of Rauros.2.10 -- Book 2 Chapter 10 -- The Breaking of the Fellowship (59% in)
There are no more uses of "remnant" in The Fellowship of the Ring.
Typical Usage (best examples)