(click/touch triangles for details)
- From Frodo's mind the bright morning — treacherously bright, he thought — had not banished the fear of pursuit; and he pondered the words of Gildor.1.4 — Book 1 Chapter 4 — A Short Cut to Mushrooms (6% in)
- Merry was still reading and pondering Gandalf's letter when Strider and Nob returned.1.10 — Book 1 Chapter 10 — Strider (95% in)
- Aragorn and Gandalf walked together or sat speaking of their road and the perils they would meet; and they pondered the storied and figured maps and books of lore that were in the house of Elrond.2.3 — Book 2 Chapter 3 — The Ring Goes South (23% in)
- For many long years I had pondered what I might do, should the Great Ring come into my hands, and behold! it was brought within my grasp.2.7 — Book 2 Chapter 7 — The Mirror of Galadriel (92% in)
- All that had happened since Bilbo left the Shire was passing through his mind, and he recalled and pondered everything that he could remember of Gandalf's words.2.10 — Book 2 Chapter 10 — The Breaking of the Fellowship (16% in)
There are no more uses of "ponder" in The Fellowship of the Ring.
Typical Usage (best examples)