(click/touch triangles for details)
- Many thousands then perished, but the Days of Dearth (1158-60) were at the time of this tale long past and the Hobbits had again become accustomed to plenty.Prologue (28% in)
- Hobbits had long been accustomed to build sheds and workshops.Prologue (38% in)
- They took me and they set me alone on the pinnacle of Orthanc, in the place where Saruman was accustomed to watch the stars.2.2 — Book 2 Chapter 2 — The Council of Elrond (66% in)
- It is a long climb for those that are not accustomed to such stairs, but you may rest upon the way.2.7 — Book 2 Chapter 7 — The Mirror of Galadriel (10% in)
- It would be wise if you accustomed yourselves to stepping in and out, here where there is a landing-place, before you set off downstream.2.8 — Book 2 Chapter 8 — Farewell to Lorien (41% in)
There are no more uses of "accustomed" in The Fellowship of the Ring.
Typical Usage (best examples)