used in The Cherry Orchard
only 1 use
(click/touch triangles for details)
enhance growth or development — such as:
- to grow crops or prepare land for them
- enhance a relationship — especially for a purpose
- develop discernment (better recognition of differences) in taste or judgment
- to grow a culture in a petri dish
- he'll begin to cultivate his patch of land, and then your cherry orchard will be happy, rich, splendid.
Act One (57% in)
cultivate = make land suitable for growing plants
There are no more uses of "cultivate" in The Cherry Orchard.