(click/touch triangles for details)
- 'Thirty dollars each?' remarked Aarfy slowly, poking and patting each of the three strapping girls skeptically with the air of a grudging connoisseur.Chapter 23 — Natley's Old Man (2% in)
- 'I'm not so crazy about breaded veal cutlets,' grumbled the skeptical B-25 commander in the north of Corsica.Chapter 24 — Milo (3% in)
- He was pinched perspinngly in the epistemological dilemma of the skeptic, unable to accept solutions to problems he was unwilling to dismiss as unsolvable.Chapter 25 — The Chaplain (7% in)
- He curled his lip skeptically at Dunbar's bit of news and slept on it fitfully for a day or two, then woke up while the nurses were elsewhere and eased himself out of bed to see for himself.Chapter 26 — Aarfy (70% in)
- Yossarian rejected the advice with a skeptical shake of his head.Chapter 42 — Yossarian (35% in)
There are no more uses of "skeptical" in Catch-22.
Typical Usage (best examples)